SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR YOUNG CANADIANS AFFECTED BY GUNS
Canadian Doctors for Protection from Guns is launching an up to 4-year, $2,000/year scholarship to support a student affected by gun violence attain a post-secondary (university or college) education. Mentorship throughout the duration of the scholarship will be available.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The scholarship is open to any student who Is a resident of Canada and entering a Canadian post-secondary Institution in the fall of 2022 who has been affected, directly or indirectly, by gun Injury or death (including through gun violence, suicide, or accidental discharge).
HOW TO APPLY?
Information on the application process and how to submit your Information is available at our website. The deadline to apply is April 18, 2022. Scholarship will be awarded based on multiple criteria such as academic achievement, financial need, work ethic, references, commitment to academics, and promise for advancing public health and social justice in the future.
FOR MORE INFORMATION please contact: Maricelle Bronilla - email@example.com.
Please submit applications electronically to Maricelle. To include:
- Transcripts of your two previous years of study
- 300 word essay explaining why you feel you qualify for this application
- 300 word essay explaining how you will use your education or training to support your community or advance social justice issue
- Up to date CV including employment and volunteer activity, leadership, community engagement, awards, interests, and special skills
- 2 references; one should be an academic reference